Business Solutions and Managed Services
The Internet is a voluntary association of users interested in and willing to exchange information and data. At present, there is no oversight group providing governance over the principles, policies, or procedures for use of the Internet or the information and data accessed via the Internet.
In order to facilitate their contractual relationship, the Customer and Technoideas wish to define a working protocol of principles and policies and establish operating guidelines and acceptable standards of use of the Internet. Common sense is the best guide as to what is considered acceptable use. To this end the parties agree as follows:
Principles Governing Acceptable Use of the Internet by the Customer
Responsibility and Respect – The Internet is a network intended for use by mature, adult users (and by minors when supervised by mature adults). The Customer recognizes this principle and undertakes at all times to act with respect, courtesy, and responsibility; giving due regard to the interests and rights of other Internet user groups. This general guideline carries with it the following specific responsibilities:
1. Compliance with Laws – The Customer will ensure that its use of the Internet complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including (but not limited to) those principles of law which protect against compromise of copyrights, trade secrets, proprietary information and other intellectual property rights, libel or defamation of character, invasion of privacy, tortious interference, and export of technical or military data to prohibited countries.
2. Discretion and Judgment – The Customer is expected to use discretion in the treatment and handling of Internet information and data and to take particular care to insure that adult information is not transmitted to juvenile users of the Internet.
3. Additional Domains – Additional domains on an existing web site are to be used for the purpose of having more than one way to find the same site, not for the purposes of sharing an account among multiple sites. An additional domain may not be set up to reference a subdirectory within an existing web hosting account served by Technoideas or any other provider. Additional domains are not to be used as a substitute for purchasing separate accounts.
4. Improper Uses – The Customer will avoid violation of certain generally accepted guidelines on Internet usage, such as:
- Using a non-existent e-mail return address on a commercial solicitation
- Spamming (sending unsolicited advertising to numerous e-mail addresses or newsgroups and/or generating a significantly higher volume of outgoing e-mail than a normal user)
- Trolling (posting outrageous messages to generate numerous responses)
- Mail-bombing (sending multiple messages without significant new content to the same user)
- Subscribing someone else to a mailing list without that person’s permission
- Cross-posting articles to an excessive number of newsgroups
- Attempting without authorization to enter into a secured computer system
Technoideas reserves the right to determine what constitutes improper use.
5.Domain Registration Fees – Technoideas’s service fees are separate from domain registration fees.
6.Knowledge of the Internet – The Customer agrees to obtain a basic knowledge of the Internet and its operating principles and procedures.
7. Misuse of System Resources – Customers will not be allowed to use excessive amounts of CPU, memory, or other resources on any Technoideas server. This includes, but is not limited to, employing posts or programs which consume excessive CPU time or storage space, permitting use of mail services, mail forwarding capabilities, POP accounts, or auto-responders other than for the customer’s own account; or resale of access to CGI scripts installed on Technoideas servers. Participating in this kind of activity will result in immediate suspension.
8. Pornography – Due to legal and social issues, Technoideas will not accept customers who publish pornographic material. If an existing customer publishes pornographic material, Technoideas may issue a warning and/or suspend the account. In the event that an account is suspended due to pornographic violations, fees paid will not be refunded.
9. Refusal of Service – Technoideas reserves the right to refuse or terminate service to anyone for any reason.
10. Security – The Customer is required to protect the security of its Internet account and usage. The Customer’s password will be treated as private and confidential and will not be disclosed to or shared with any third parties. Customers conducting online commerce transactions through their web sites are responsible for the security of all such transactions, and shall not hold Technoideas, its agents, or employees liable for any incidental or consequential damages arising from such transactions. Technoideas recommends the use of SSL and PGP (or another encryption/decryption tool), but does not provide any warranty or guarantee for these products.
11. Storage – Files on Technoideas servers must be for web site purposes only. Storage of unrelated files or use of Technoideas servers for the backup of files is strictly prohibited.
12. Suspension – Activity that results in an account being suspended will result in loss of fees paid. No refunds will be made. Damages caused by the account will result in financial loss to the Customer. Any complaints arising as a result of client activity will be obvious grounds for suspension.
13. Validation of Information – The Customer is responsible for validating the integrity of the information and data it receives or transmits over the Internet.